A Compelling Combination; Surveying, Mapping and Smart Geo Solutions at their best
Sterling and Blom have come together to combine Sterling’s Utility ground surveying, geospatial products services expertise with Blom’s aerial imagery, LiDAR and 3D modelling solutions.
Both Sterling and Blom recognise that there is a combined synergy of skills and market access between the two companies which, together, create a more capable service offering. Not only is this of particular interest to the electrical transmission marketplace, but also for the utility marketplace and it’s various players in the UK and potentially beyond. By extending the total capabilities of both parties a joint approach to business development and project implementation will also create greater opportunities.
The collaboration will see namely the following collective services being offered to the marketplace;
- Geophysical survey
- Structural survey and overhead power line survey
- Additional ground survey resources
- Geo-data capture services (including aerial photography acquisition and terrestrial and airborne LiDAR acquisition)
- Data processing services and software supply and licensing where appropriate
Blom has long-established links with major engineering companies that offer services to the electricity transmission market, and has established links with a number of DNO’s. Sterling provides a wide range of services to this sector, including survey services, and has many of the DNOs as its established clients.
Phil Cooper, Director of Sterling commented: “The evolution of new laser technology, such as terrestrial and mobile LiDAR, will see the capabilities of surveying available to the Utility sector being more detailed and precise than has been previously possible. With the need for accurate asset condition and continual monitoring high on utility asset manager’s priority we are able to provide strong industry knowledge, in particular in the Energy Sector, with cutting edge spatial measurement technology and data management in the Geospatial market place.”
Simon Kraeter, Commercial Director, Blom UK added: “We know that the combined resources and experience that Sterling and Blom hold is an exciting prospect for DNO’s and believe that this collaboration genuinely offers a prospective ‘go-to’ supplier of survey services for the utilities marketplace as a whole.”
- ERDAS UK UGM 25th - 26th September 2012 IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
- A Compelling Combination; Surveying, Mapping and Smart Geo Solutions at their best
- Sterling moves into the Software marketplace as the Great Britain Geospatial Distributor for Intergraph's ERDAS & GeoMedia
- After 7 successful years...a new challenge...
- Sterling Shortlisted for the ‘Utility Industry Achievements Awards.’
- Sterling’s establishment of a ‘Civil Construction Capability’
- Opening of an East Midlands office