Consultancy & Design
CONSULTANCY & DESIGN SERVICES –
PROVIDING EXPERT ENGINEERING SERVICES
When it comes to expert Consultancy & Design Services, Sterling is at the forefront for accurate, cost-effective and reliable services.
The consultancy and design team provides professional and affordable engineering services for new installations as well as power system repairs and upgrades. We serve distribution and transmission network companies, utility companies and commercial & industrial clients.
Sterling can also provide the technical expertise necessary for the most efficient and cost-effective use and maintenance of your assets, helping to ensure the highest degree of reliability and availability for your system.
Our services include:
- Power system planning
- Electrical design
- Construction coordination
- Maintenance support for distribution and transmission cable lines (up to 400kV)
- Electrical substations - circuit switching stations
- Electrical power distribution systems
We ensure compliance with industry standards and legislation, in particular, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the Construction & Design (Management) Regulations 2007 and the ESQC Regulations. New works and modifications carried out to existing plant / equipment located on operational sites are conducted in an appropriate manner to meet industry standards and legislation requirements.
The safe, efficient and reliable distribution of electricity is critical for clients in all market sectors. It is imperative that accurate electrical design, system performance and grid integration studies are undertaken to ensure these requirements are met.
Sterling can offer a variety of services to meet all your requirements:
- Electrical network study capability using industry standard tools.
- Load flow and fault level studies for various operating arrangements.
- Dynamic electrical system studies and transient modelling.
- Protection studies to assess the suitability of switchgear rating and discrimination of device settings.
- Grid code and distribution code evaluation and support of new generation connection proposals.
These services are based on industry experience in the power and energy, transport and industrial sector.
We are able to combine a practical understanding of plant and systems with leading edge modelling techniques. Our analytical skills allow us to predict performance in detail and evaluate the effects of design proposals and changes, enabling the effective reliable distribution of electricity for our clients.
Sterling takes you from the design concept to project delivery and successful integration onto either Distribution Networks or National Grid.
- Feasibility studies of HV& LV initial design concepts and specifications
- Electrical network system studies/modelling - load flow/fault levels
- Full Mechanical & Electrical design capability
- Rotating plant – system connection studies
- Grid and distribution code compliance
- Protection system discrimination
- Earthing & lightning protection studies
- Power quality (voltage, frequency and harmonic, grid disturbances) - power factor correction assessment, power quality measurement
- Energy storage systems.
Below is a more detailed list of the individual consultancy services Sterling provide:
- Civil & structural design
- CDM services
- Substation design
- Underground system design
- OHL design both wood pole and tower
- Wayleaves & consents
- CAD / GIS utility asset mapping and analysis
- Connection design and management (ICP)
- ESQC compliance
- Submarine cable installation
- Operations and health & safety
- Due diligence.
For more information contact our Consultancy and Design team on 08456 86 86 88
For more information on our International Capabilities contact Sterling on 08456 86 86 88
- ERDAS UK UGM 25th - 26th September 2012 IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
- A Compelling Combination; Surveying, Mapping and Smart Geo Solutions at their best
- Sterling moves into the Software marketplace as the Great Britain Geospatial Distributor for Intergraph's ERDAS & GeoMedia
- After 7 successful years...a new challenge...
- Sterling Shortlisted for the ‘Utility Industry Achievements Awards.’
- Sterling’s establishment of a ‘Civil Construction Capability’
- Opening of an East Midlands office