Overhead Power Lines
OVERHEAD POWER LINES –
SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR OVERHEAD DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS
“Our dependency on electricity is so critical that we must plan for 100% reliability, as an unreliable supply is unacceptable.”
Dr Scott Steedman, Independent Consulting Engineer.
The UK’s ageing network infrastructure is facing its biggest programme of refurbishment and replacement in a generation. Sterling’s experience of both LV and HV networks means we are able to provide reliable programme solutions to enable line reconductoring and asset replacement as a complete solution.
Our overall services involve project management, full turnkey capability, route evaluation, feasibility, survey and design, wayleaves, access consents, construction, circuit installation, rebuild, refurbishment and maintenance of all overhead lines at all distribution voltages.
Our Services include:
- Asset replacement and refurbishment
- Wayleaves, consents and land easements
- Site health & safety management
- CDM role undertaken
- Outage management
- Line design, surveys and asset data management
- Condition assessments, testing and feasibility studies
- Material procurement
- Construction of new overhead lines
- Reactive fault repairs and network recovery
- Wood pole and steel pole replacements.
Our team provides assessment, design, refurbishment and construction capabilities to encompass the growing requirements within the overhead line sector. Whether it is a foundation assessment of multiple HV towers that connect major centres or the replacement of wood pole lines serving outlying regions, Sterling can supply.
Overhead Line Design
Sterling’s overhead line division provides transmission and design expertise to deliver both major works programmes and small bespoke design projects.
Safety comes first
At Sterling, safety comes first and our team is committed to the quality of our work and providing a safe environment for your staff, our employees and the general public. They have extensive experience in training, managing and supervising teams to ensure that they operate in accordance with best practice and rigorous health & safety procedures. It is also our policy to agree method statements and risk assessments with clients for each project before starting work.
For more information contact our Overhead Power Lines team on 08456 86 86 88
For more information on our International Capabilities contact Sterling on 08456 86 86 88
- ERDAS UK UGM 25th - 26th September 2012 IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
- A Compelling Combination; Surveying, Mapping and Smart Geo Solutions at their best
- Sterling moves into the Software marketplace as the Great Britain Geospatial Distributor for Intergraph's ERDAS & GeoMedia
- After 7 successful years...a new challenge...
- Sterling Shortlisted for the ‘Utility Industry Achievements Awards.’
- Sterling’s establishment of a ‘Civil Construction Capability’
- Opening of an East Midlands office