- Consultancy & Design
- Substation & Infrastructure Projects
- Overhead Power Lines
- Underground Distribution Systems
- Asset Managment
- Renewable Energy Solutions
- Mechanical & Electrical Services
- Private & Commercial Networks
- Street Lighting
- Delegate Registration Form
|Health & Safety|
LEADING THE WAY IN PROVIDING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Sterling’s training facility specialises in providing high quality electrical power system courses and related specialised training to both Utility and Commercial sectors. We also offer a unique and comprehensive training service to companies who operate their own HV & LV networks through the use of our fully functional distribution network with integrated protection systems.
The purpose-built training centre caters for all aspects of electrical craft and engineering trades. It has a fully equipped cable jointing area and a wide ranging electricity meter installation capability. The centre has seven interactive lecture rooms providing all the essential facilities. Safety comes first and the facility is independently assessed and accredited to ISO 9001:2008 Quality, IS0 14001:2007 Environment, OHSAS 18001:2004 Health & Safety standards.
At Sterling, we understand the needs of having a safe, reliable, competent and highly skilled workforce. Our proven track record and flexible training solutions mean we have the right combination of expertise to help you in achieving your training requirements.
We have a unique wealth of expertise, knowledge and commitment in delivering the correct training solutions for your needs. Our team of Training Engineers and Training Consultants offer a breadth of skills and expertise in areas of power engineering, electrical craft trades and Health & Safety through to business management and other related subjects. They are technically and practically qualified, members of professional bodies and have formal training qualifications and experience.
We deliver highly practical and theoretical training and services covering:
- High voltage operational safety training
- Low voltage operational safety training
- Power system protection training
- Electricity meter installation training
- Electric cable jointing training
- Electrical fitting training
- Power system electrical safety awareness
- Power system design engineering
- Vocational support for academic qualifications such as the Aston University Foundation Degree in Power Engineering
- IOSH managing safely
- Utility safety, health and environmental awareness (SHEA) electricity
- Technical authoring
- Business & Industry courses such as financial management for business and low carbon management
- Bespoke courses.
We provide a complete training and safety management service to industry and commerce, consisting of:
- Power System Safety – a complete range of services from safety rules to training, assessment, authorisation, monitoring and auditing.
- Technical Training - electrical engineering - understanding the basics to detailed training in specialised activities.
- Power System Protection - practical ‘hands-on’ courses on distribution and industrial / commercial power network protection systems.
- Electric Cable Jointing - from low voltage up to and including 33kV - conventional paper insulated cables to polymeric cables.
- Electricity Meter Installation Courses – ranging from single and three phase whole current, smart metering to low voltage current transformer operated and high voltage meter installation.
- Electrical Fitting - critical skills for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of an extensive range of power system equipment.
- General Safety - we are specialists in general safety and can offer a wide range of services from initial safety reviews to bespoke training packages to meet the requirements of current health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Technical Authoring - in safety and electrical power systems engineering - everything from safety rules through to detailed test procedures.
Our Training Centre is here to offer the following benefits:
- Reducing skills gaps and improving the skills of the workforce
- Improving productivity
- Retraining your existing staff
- Minimising staff turnover and recruitment costs
- Preparing your organisation for future challenges.
Whatever your training problem we have the specialised skills, the experience and the resources to help you solve it.
For more information contact our Training team on 08456 86 86 88
For more information on our International Capabilities contact Sterling on 08456 86 86 88
- ERDAS UK UGM 25th - 26th September 2012 IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
- A Compelling Combination; Surveying, Mapping and Smart Geo Solutions at their best
- Sterling moves into the Software marketplace as the Great Britain Geospatial Distributor for Intergraph's ERDAS & GeoMedia
- After 7 successful years...a new challenge...
- Sterling Shortlisted for the ‘Utility Industry Achievements Awards.’
- Sterling’s establishment of a ‘Civil Construction Capability’
- Opening of an East Midlands office