Underground Distribution Systems
UNDERGROUND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS -
WORKING ON THE UK’S UNDERGROUND HIGH-VOLTAGE ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION CABLES -
SAFELY, RELIABLY AND PROFESSIONALLY.
Sterling has a HV & LV cable jointing capability, providing flexible and cost-effective underground distribution solutions to utility companies and to the electrical construction industry.
Our highly skilled teams install a wide range of HV & LV and cable joints, terminations and earthing systems up to 132kV, combined with the highest standard of service and reporting. Responding to our clients needs has enabled us to build up strong, long-standing working relationships with some of the UK’s largest utility companies.
Over the years, we have carried out a variety of projects including powering up large utility primary substations, industrial premises, petrochemical installations, hospitals, retail parks – as well as individual homes and businesses.
We are able to offer the following services:
- Project management
- Access consents
- HV & LV cable jointing up to 132 kV (live LV)
- Planned and 24 hour emergency fault work
- Cable installation
- Rebuild and refurbishment works
- Earthing system both design and installation.
Cabling Design and Installation Services:
- Cable sizing to meet customers’ load requirements from LV to EHV
- Design capability to ensure optimum conductor utilisation
- Route design and planning to establish cost effective proposals with minimum environmental impact
- Liaison with local authorities and section 50 requirements/obligations
- Landowner approvals/consents and wayleaves
- Utility searches
- Noticing / carding
- Trenchless techniques
- Directional drilling
- Cable duct installation / modification / extensions
- Recycling of materials
- Cable jointing
- Testing & commissioning
- Senior Authorised Persons
- Interface with associated activities e.g. substations and overhead lines
- Full CDM.
Sterling’s first-class workforce and flexible processes can adapt to working in the most challenging of locations. We provide highly experienced service teams backed by meticulous office support.
Our teams have a wealth of experience in the following areas:
- Jointing – installers of cable jointing, HV & LV, transformers and termination works up to 132kV
- Substations – turnkey installations up to 132kV
- Private Networks – cost-effective, high-voltage (HV) installation and maintenance services for private network operators
- Excavation & re-instatement.
Safety Comes First
Safety is a priority with all jointing activities undertaken by Sterling and all our teams are regularly audited by both Sterling and client safety teams. We employ a number of DNO trained jointers and have trained a number of jointers in conjunction with our Group Training facility.
For more information contact our Underground Distribution Systems team on 08456 86 86 88
For more information on our International Capabilities contact Sterling on 08456 86 86 88
- ERDAS UK UGM 25th - 26th September 2012 IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
- A Compelling Combination; Surveying, Mapping and Smart Geo Solutions at their best
- Sterling moves into the Software marketplace as the Great Britain Geospatial Distributor for Intergraph's ERDAS & GeoMedia
- After 7 successful years...a new challenge...
- Sterling Shortlisted for the ‘Utility Industry Achievements Awards.’
- Sterling’s establishment of a ‘Civil Construction Capability’
- Opening of an East Midlands office